Before your installation date, remember to properly prepare the area for your new flooring before it can be installed. Fortunately, the steps to prepare your home for carpet, laminate, tile, or hardwood floor installation are the same.
- Determine up front who will remove furniture, appliances and the sub floor if needed.
- Clean all floors properly prior to laying new floors.
- Remove all breakables.
- Disconnect any gas appliances and electronics.
- Find out if there will be any change to the height of the floor that requires adjustment of doors for them to open and close properly.
- Remove items in storage areas and closets where the new floor is to be installed.
- Remove drapes, wall hangings and pictures from walls.Verify that the inside temperature is appropriate for installation.
Whether you’re planning to have carpet, laminate, tile, vinyl or hardwood flooring professionally installed, follow these tips to get prepared. Then, let the experts at Ventura Flooring take over.